What is The Heart Fitness?
The Heart Fitness LLC is a new family and veteran owned fitness studio. Our focus is on improving health and wellness in the community. Their way, on their time, how they want it. We specialize in group fitness classes for adults and children. We are located at 112 E. Jones Street in Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526.
What will my child be doing?
Due to the pandemic, our fitness studio has created a learning camp for students who are enrolled in remote learning. Students K-8th grade will be in a group of 10 or less and will receive remote learning assistance from our experienced academic coaches and tutors. All tutors are also CPR/First-Aid certified. Each student will be assigned to their own table and chair. Students will also take breaks and get up and active with our certified instructors who will teach them yoga, dance, fun physical activities, Spanish, arts and crafts, movies, music, reading, sports and games. Activities will take place outdoors or inside. Our learning camp will help build confidence, and keep your child in tip top shape.
How will you handle the live work and different student schedules? What about passwords and usernames?
When you arrive at our camp, you will provide student information to our tutors. They will plan the day around your child’s schedule. We will need to have all passwords and usernames. We also keep in close contact with their teachers by email. Our physical activities with trainers are offered multiple times throughout the day for this reason. If your child is in a live session and cannot take a break, they will be able to continue working and catch the next activity. By doing this, children enrolled will have several opportunities to participate. Morning and afternoon.
What time do you begin and end and how much does it cost?
Our camp runs Monday-Friday.
Parents have several options:
Remote Learning or Track Out Camp
- 7:30AM-12PM or 12PM-5PM, $200 per week per child
- 7:30AM-5PM, $250 per week per child
Before and/or After-School Camp with Transportation to and/or from School
- Before-School 7:30am-9:30am, $70 per week per child
- After-School 2pm-5pm, $70 per week per child
- Before and After-School, $130 per week per child
*School must be within 15 miles of studio.
What if my child has a week with some in-person and remote learning days?
If your child(ren) has a remote learning day, your week will be prorated. You can always call or email us to sign-up for a full-day of remote learning. The rate for one full-day of remote learning camp is $50 per child.
Are there any discounts?
If you have more than one child you’ll receive a sibling discount up to 50% off. Please call or email us.
If you need financial assistance, Click here to apply.
Is breakfast or lunch provided?
We ask that children bring a packed breakfast and or lunch. Lunches should be in a paper, plastic, or reusable bag with their name clearly labeled on the bag. Leave the healthy snacks and drinks to us!
Does my child need their own device?
Children will need to bring their own device. The goal is to keep everything on one device since it is remote learning. If the child forgets their device, a temporary one will be provided.
What are some of your safety protocols?
- During the pandemic tutors wear masks and possibly gloves at all times and temperature checks are done daily for the tutors and children.
- If children are not feeling well or someone in the home, we strongly urge parents to keep their child at home for the day or communicate with us first.
- CDC guidelines are followed.
- Children are asked to bring a mask and wear comfortable clothes and closed toe shoes due to physical activity.
- Masks are worn only if social distancing is not possible.
- The studio is cleaned twice daily. Masks, gloves, wipes and hand sanitizer are also available.
- Doors to the studio are also be kept open for air to flow.
- We also have separate bathrooms with multiple stalls.
*Refunds for missed days, closures due to an outbreak, a child being sent home may not be granted.
Do you take children with learning disabilities or special needs and concerns?
We welcome and will aim to help all children. Our staff are well trained.
If your child has an injury, medical condition, behavioral illness of any kind, The Heart Fitness must be notified immediately to ensure we can accommodate their needs.
Children should be potty trained and know how to change him or herself. All parents must fill out a MEDICATION CONSENT FORM. Medication will be kept in a locked box at all times.
What is your discipline policy?
Children are expected to follow all rules and adhere to instructions from the staff. Children who are disruptive or do not adhere to the rules will be subject to the Discipline Policy. All incident reports will be discussed privately with parent or guardian.
- 1st incident: Written warning
- 2nd incident: Written warning following a possible one or two-day suspension.
- 3rd incident: Possible dismissal from the program.
*Immediate dismissal from the program can occur at any time given severe circumstances. Refunds for missed days due to a discipline dismissal may not be granted.
Do I need to register my children separately?
Each student must be booked separately.
You may also register online Click here to register.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Call The Heart Fitness at (919) 442-8826 or email Hello@TheHeartFitness.com