Meet Coach Moore!
Hello! My name is Michelle Moore and I am a Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach. I began this journey 75 pounds heavier than I am today and so confused about how to lose weight. My passion for health and fitness is the reason I decided to become a Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach, as well as a desire to help others. I know there are so many questions out there about what is the best diet plan or whether carbs are good or bad. I can tell you along my journey I have tried so many diets! I have tried shakes, paleo, low-fat, low-carb diets and I’m still continuing on my journey. Now I feel so much more equipped and I know I will reach my goal. I am so grateful to have the knowledge I have now and to be able to share it with all of you! My goal is to help others with the same struggles I’ve had by providing the tools and information needed to live a healthier and happier life through nutrition and fitness. Let’s hit our goals together now! TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!!
Tip of the Month-Holiday Edition
A very merry and healthy holiday to you!!! It is possible to have a healthy and delicious holiday season and not undo all your efforts in the gym. Here are some healthy twists on some holiday and seasonal favorites.
Roasted turkey can be a healthy option for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 5 cups Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/3 cup Besti monk fruit allulose blend (this is lightly sweet – use 1/2 cup for sweeter cornbread, or 2/3 cup for extra sweet)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2/3 cup Butter (melted; plus more for greasing)
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Sweet corn extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with butter.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, sweetener, and sea salt.
- Stir in the melted butter, almond milk and eggs, until smooth. Stir in the sweet corn extract.
- Transfer the batter into the skillet and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/16 entire recipe (it’s very filling, so we cut it into 16 slices)
Note on sweetener options: Erythritol will also work, but I recommend the monk fruit allulose blend or pure allulose for more moist, tender cornbread.
Video Showing How To Make Low Carb Cornbread:
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Calories: 300 | Fat: 27g | Total Carbs: 8g | Net Carbs: 4g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 10g
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
VEGAN AND VEGETARIAN OPTIONS:
Try baked sweet potatoes with a little maple syrup and cinnamon.
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN CHILI
Full of flavor and so simple to make, this Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili is a wonderfully satisfying vegetarian meal! Best served with avocado chunks, cilantro and cornbread.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Course: Main Course, SoupCuisine: American Servings: 6 servings Calories: 183kcal Author: Nora Taylor
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, with their juices OR fire roasted tomatoes
- (2) 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. Saute the diced onion for 3-4 minutes, until translucent, then add in the garlic and sweet potato and cook about 2 more minutes.
- Next add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Stir into the vegetable mixture.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes along with their juices, drained and rinsed black beans and the 2 cups of water. Stir to combine. Simmer the mixture, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Use the back of a spoon to mash some of the sweet potatoes for a thicker texture, if desired.
- Serve with avocado chunks, cilantro, chopped green onions, vegan cornbread or vegan sour cream.
- For oil free, simply use water to saute instead of oil.
- May substitute peeled/chopped butternut squash for the sweet potato, if desired. You could also add 2 cups of baby spinach or chopped kale.
- To make in an Instant Pot: Use the saute feature and cook the onion, then the garlic and sweet potato, then the spices just like in the regular instructions. Turn off the Instant Pot for a moment and add the diced tomatoes, black beans and water. Stir, then seal and set the timer to 8 minutes at high pressure. Release pressure manually, and serve with desired toppings.
- To make in a Crock Pot: Add all ingredients to a crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- The recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled to serve a large crowd.
- The chili freezes well and will keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Serving: 1 serving | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 945mg | Potassium: 763mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 8535IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 4mg
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Yield: about 2 cups 1x
All you need is 4 ingredients and 15 minutes to make the best Cranberry Sauce! It’s perfectly sweet and tangy, easy to customize, and refined-sugar free.
- 12 ounces (340 g) fresh or frozen cranberries*
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh-squeezed orange juice* (about 1 large orange)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grade A maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: ½ teaspoon orange zest, cinnamon stick, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, chopped pecans, blueberries, etc.
- Add all ingredients to a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring the mixture frequently to ensure nothing burns or sticks to the pan. The filling is “done” once it has thickened and most of the cranberries have popped.
- Use a fork or potato masher to pop the remainder of the cranberries, if desired. Let cool completely before serving as desired; leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to one week.
- Cranberries: frozen cranberries work well here, but you will need to simmer them for an additional 1 to 2 minutes as they release more liquid in cooking
- Orange Juice: I prefer to use fresh-squeezed, but pasteurized will work in a pinch
- Sweetener: maple syrup can be replaced with equal parts date syrup, coconut sugar, or brown sugar
Vegan Mac And Cheese is incredibly delicious, this recipe is the only one you will need. When you are hungry and looking for the perfect comfort dish, my creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese is just the answer! Made from gluten-free vegan pasta smothered in a creamy, velvety homemade cashew cheese sauce.
Continue to Content
Nutrition (Per portion)
Energy: 305 kcal / 1275 kJ
Fat: 13 g
Protein: 9 g
Carbs: 41 g
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking: 10 min
Ready in: 20 min
For: 6 servings
8-ounce box elbow pasta or your favorite pasta, ( I used gluten-free pasta)
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for a couple hours
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons coconut milk, (full-fat from the can)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
Pinch Cayenne pepper
parsley flakes, for garnish
paprika, for garnish
Additional optional ingredients
1 cup shredded vegan cheese
1 tablespoon vegan mayo
1 teaspoon Vegan Butter, or cream cheese
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente.
Drain and return to the pot.
- Drain cashews and discard water. In a high-speed blender process cashews, water,
coconut milk, nutritional yeast flakes, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt,
cayenne until smooth and creamy. Add additional optional ingredients for an extra
special mac and cheese.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir to fully coat, add extra salt if needed. Cook on low until
- Serve immediately or transfer to a greased baking dish and bake in a preheated oven
at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.